Get a Library Card
- Library cards are available free of charge
- Registration forms are available from the volunteer staff member on duty
- Children under 18 years of age need a guardian’s permission
- Please have your library card available for the volunteer staff member when checking out materials
- The loan period for most materials is 2 weeks
- Videos & DVD’s are checked out for 1 week.
- Materials may be returned 24/7 through the drop box slot at the front of the library
- Materials returned to the drop box outside of regular hours will be checked in the next time the library is open
- Materials are not considered returned until they are actually checked in
- You can place a hold on a circulating item in any library of the Finger Lakes Library System (FLLS) by asking the volunteer staff member at the circulation desk or by going on-line to http://catalog.flls.org/Polaris/
- Your library card is required to place a hold on all materials
You will be notified by phone and/or e-mail when your item is available for pickup at the Fair Haven Library
- Please notify the circulation desk @ 315-947-5851 if you no longer wish to check out the item
- Some libraries in the FLLS block new materials from inter-library loan holds to give their patrons first opportunity
- Materials other than videos & DVD’s can be renewed for an additional two weeks, unless a hold has been placed on that material.
- Materials can be renewed several ways:
- by e-mailing your renewal request to the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by calling the library at (315) 947-5851 during regularly scheduled hours
- by asking the volunteer staff member at the circulation desk
- by clicking RENEW and typing in your library card number
Accessing your Patron Account
- To access your patron account on-line you will need your library card number and a password (which is the last four digits of your phone number until you change it)
- Here you may renew materials, check the status of items on hold, see the materials currently checked out to you and check any fines or fees that you may have incurred
- For complete instruction on using Polaris, please see the Using Polaris PowerPac pamphlet available at the library
- Any changes in your personal information, such as address, phone number or e-mail address should be reported to the volunteer staff member at the circulation desk.
- Items reported lost or returned damaged will be charged to your account for the full replacement value. If not paid, your account may be blocked from further library use.